Friday, August 15, 2008

Pistol Packing Teachers?

I thought I would never hear news that would top reports that a Baptist preacher's wife packs a pistol to protect herself from homosexuals, who she believes are worse than terrorists, as she goes to work as an Oklahoma State Representative. I was wrong.

Today, the Dallas Morning News is reporting that the trustees of a school district in Texas have approved a policy that will permit teachers and staff at their schools to carry concealed firearms to protect themselves from their students.

Every time I start to think that people in Oklahoma are carrying their conservative values to an extreme, people in Texas do something to make them look like centrists.

1 comment:

That Baptist Ain't Right said...

That's about the goofiest thing I've heard in ages.