Thursday, January 08, 2009

Sarah Palin on Carolyn Kennedy

I'm no fan of Sarah Palin, but I think she's got a point when she questions how the media is handling the possibility that Caroline Kennedy coud be nominated to fill a vacant Senate seat. Here's a quote from Palin:

"I've been interested also to see how Caroline Kennedy will be handled," Palin stated, "and if she'll be handled with kid gloves or if she'll be under such a microscope also. ... We will perhaps be able to prove that there is a class issue here also that was such a factor in the scrutiny of my candidacy."
Sarah Palin most certainly lacked the gravitas and experience to run for Vice President. Kennedy may have gravitas, but she has less experience than Palin.

Neither of them are ready for prime time.

1 comment:

Glenn Jonas said...

I see your point Bruce. However, I think a case could be made that inexperience is less an issue for a Senator than for the person who will be a "heartbeat" away from the president, especially if McCain had been elected with his age and health problems from the past.