Monday, November 30, 2009

How Wade Burleson has Changed

Wade Burleson's blog entry today briefly describes how his thinking has changed over the past few years. Here's a change that I find most noteworthy:
Though I love doctrine as much, if not more, than I ever have loved it, I have absolutely zero interest in convincing people that I am "right" in my beliefs. I am always ready to give an answer for what I believe, but I'd rather people know that I love them and I have zero need to let them know I disagree with them.
If all Baptists could agree with this, there would be few divisions among us.

I would still feel the need, at times, to let others -- especially non-Baptists -- know that I do not agree with all the actions taken and pronouncements made by the leadership of the denomination.

2 comments:

Dewayne said...

Better late than never................

Tauratinzwe said...

I still find myself unable to join the Burleson bandwaggon. Where was he when state paper editors were being fired? Where was he when missionaries were being fired? He defends the "conservative takeover." It seems he only became critical of SBC leadership when he and other young turks were unable to attain leadership positions. I hope he has genuinely been converted. He's saying many of the right things now. But I'm waiting for action. Maybe a woman on his church staff would be a good start.