Tuesday, November 03, 2009

On Oklahoma and Dust Bowls


The most indelible image of Oklahoma in the popular mind is that of the dust bowl days in the 1930's. The dust bowls were caused by severe drought and unscientific farming practices.

When anthropogenic climate change causes the entire planet to be swallowed by either the sea or a dust bowl, history will record that an Oklahoman with a deficiency of scientific comprehension led the way:

Inhofe leads Republican boycott of Climate Change bill

2 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I'm still trying to get my head around it. I've still not bought off that human activity is causing climate change or that we can reverse it or if its worth the cost but I'm open to the concept I just haven't seen the smoking gun.

But I object to Inhofe's know nothing attitude. How can he be so sure of his position?

Dr. Bruce Prescott said...

Yogi,

Here's a link to the best place on the web to get information about climate change:

http://climateprogress.org/