Dobson described Bush as "upbeat and determined and convinced," adding, "I wish the American people could have sat in on that meeting we had."
Dobson went on to enumerate a series of meetings convened by Christian right leaders in Washington to discuss the supposedly existential threat to the United States from a nuclear Iran.
Monday, May 14, 2007
Bush Woos Religious Right to Support War with Iran
Max Blumenthal reports that last week President Bush met with James Dobson and a dozen other religious right leaders to drum up support for a war with Iran. Here's a quote:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I stumbled accross this blog and found all of the entries interesting. I come from deep southern baptist roots. 5 baptist ministers in my family, a couple in oklahoma who will remain nameless. Although I lean more to the moderate side, these are the reasons I will not darken the door of a baptist church. I lived first hand through the "take over" by the fundimentals, or mentals as I call them. I saw what that did not only to churches but pastors and more importantly to individual relationships. I love oklahoma and many of the church members I have gotten to know through my years as a preachers kid, but I am still embarassed that the baptists continue to focus on politics and issues rather than people who are hurting, hungry, and lost. And I cannot imagine that Jesus is happy with us either. My career today is one that when I deal with people they are at their worst or lowest. They are hurting and what they need is to be ministered to. They could care less what opinionated baptist think about the war, take over plots, political lobbying, or what to wear to church on sunday that is acceptable. They just need to be loved. Not only did I grow up in the baptist church I attended a christian school where we were required to study new and old testament and at least one bible class a semester. And with this knowldge I always ask the question, where did Jesus spend his time on earth? It wasn't in a baptist church.
I stumbled accross this blog and found all of the entries interesting. I come from deep southern baptist roots. 5 baptist ministers in my family, a couple in oklahoma who will remain nameless. Although I lean more to the moderate side, these are the reasons I will not darken the door of a baptist church. I lived first hand through the "take over" by the fundimentals, or mentals as I call them. I saw what that did not only to churches but pastors and more importantly to individual relationships. I love oklahoma and many of the church members I have gotten to know through my years as a preachers kid, but I am still embarassed that the baptists continue to focus on politics and issues rather than people who are hurting, hungry, and lost. And I cannot imagine that Jesus is happy with us either. My career today is one that when I deal with people they are at their worst or lowest. They are hurting and what they need is to be ministered to. They could care less what opinionated baptist think about the war, take over plots, political lobbying, or what to wear to church on sunday that is acceptable. They just need to be loved. Not only did I grow up in the baptist church I attended a christian school where we were required to study new and old testament and at least one bible class a semester. And with this knowldge I always ask the question, where did Jesus spend his time on earth? It wasn't in a baptist church.
And if war doesn't work, we need to give them all a spanking they won't soon forget. Right Dr. Dobson?
Post a Comment