General Petraeus' testimony before congress was supposed to be under oath.
Why was he permitted to testify without swearing to tell the truth?
Why was former CIA Analyst Ray McGovern thrown out of the hearing for insisting that he be sworn in?
Here's a link to Ray McGovern's statement after his expulsion from yesterday's hearing at the Armed Services Committee.
1 comment:
I wondered the same thing, so I called Chairman Skelton's office. They referred me to the press office of the House Armed Services Committee.
I identified myself as an independent journalist (which is technically true) and gave my real name.
A spokeswoman named Laura Battles told me it was standard practice of the committee to never swear people in before testimony.
I asked Battles how long that "practice" has been in place. She said she's been there 20 years, and it's been standard practice as long as she's worked there.
Disgusting. I'll be writing my Rep & Senators about this "standard practice".
Thanks for blogging about this,
Jason
Richmond,VA
Post a Comment