Thursday, February 05, 2009

Obama to Unveil Faith-Based Panel (Updated)

The Washington Post has posted a story, that I expect will be updated as the day goes on, about the panel that Obama has chosen to give him advice on how to run the office of faith-based initiatives.

Early editions of the article quoted me as saying "There is nothing that can undermine the church more than easy money and loose accountability." (The quote was pulled from the final edition) That's close and as good as could be expected for someone to transcribe at the speed in which I was speaking. Actually, what I said was, "What could undermine the integrity of the church more than easy money and loose accountability?" I was quoting a question I asked Jim Wallis when I interviewed him as guest on my radio program years ago.

I am very pleased to see that Melissa Rogers is one of the people appointed to the panel. Now I know that there is at least one strong advocate for separation of church and state on the panel. Melissa has done a lot of research in this area.

No comments: