Dr. Bruce Prescott's April 15, 2007 "Religious Talk" radio program on "Paul Pressler, Gary North and Dominionism" (28MB mp3). This program gives audio quotations of Paul Pressler revealing the strategy used to takeover the Southern Baptist Convention to Gary North, a leading Christian Reconstructionist. North holds this strategy up as a model for how "conservatives" can takeover other organizations.
The program also discusses the theocratic views of Christian Reconstructionists. The program includes audio quotations of Bill Moyers questioning R. J. Rushdoony, the father of Christian Reconstructionism, about the political views of his son-in-law, Gary North, and about the Reconstructionist belief that civil government should enforce the death penalty on adulterers, homosexuals, and delinquent children.
2 comments:
Dr. Prescott,
Good morning. I see you're still wading the paper up with this one. I encourage you to read Baylor Professor Dr. Hankins' book "Uneasy in Babylon" He is one of the "good guys" (Moderate) and he disses such links as you continue to tout between SBC conservatives and Reconstructionism. I penned about this over at SBCT.
Grace today. With that, I am...
Peter
Peter,
Did you listen to the podcast?
Why deny the "links" when you can hear them with your own ears?
I am familiar with Hankins work. In my humble opinion, his research is incomplete regarding the cross-fertilization of thoughts, ideas, and tactics between Reconstructionist leaders and SBC leaders.
Undoubtedly the greatest influence on the SBC comes from Francis Schaeffer. No one denies Schaeffer's influence on the SBC.
The heart of the issue hinges on the relationship of Schaeffer to Christian Reconstructionism. There's no need to discuss that here. We've had that conversation before.
Post a Comment