Ethics Daily is reporting that a student at Carson-Newman College, a Baptist college in Tennessee, was removed from FCA's leadership after he told the chapter president that he would vote for Kerry. FCA leaders say the matter had nothing to do with politics.
Seems like I've heard reports like this before. Since the Fundamentalist takeover of the Southern Baptist Convention, denominational politics has had nothing to do with the removal of moderate denominational executives, professors and missionaries from positions of leadership either.
2 comments:
All critics should know that their own condemnation will accord with the measure by which they judge others. Matthew 7:1-2.
Beck,
Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.
On the economy, I encourage you to read what actual economists are saying. Here's a link to my 11/29 blog (you'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the page).
http://www.mainstreambaptists.org/weblog.htm
On the rest, most of what I would say is in a speech I gave at the state capital before the war began. Here's a link:
http://www.mainstreambaptists.org/justice_for_all.htm
Post a Comment