Wednesday, February 03, 2010

On Becoming an Unhip Oldster


Ars Technica is reporting that blogging has devolved into something that "unhip old people do."

Social networking (MySpace and Facebook) is hip for more than seventy-five percent of teenagers and twenty-somethings.

Twitter is popular with around thirty-three percent of twenty-somethings while less than ten percent of teenagers are into it.

I'm on facebook, but I don't have any desire to be a twitter.

4 comments:

KB said...

The internet may by and large be for the young (i'm 24 by the way)...but the baby boomers are starting to realize it has its benefits. I still can't believe my mom is on facebook haha.

~Andrew
what is the bible

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I resemble all that. I'm on facebook. I have played around a little with twitter but don't "get" it I guess. I never was hip, ever.

John King said...

I am sure that some would consider me an "unhip old person", but I do not think of myself quite like that yet. I do blog. Uh Oh! I also use FaceBook quite a bit. Actually, I have connected with many people with whom I went to high school. I wonder where he gets his statistics? From FaceBook itself? Should they even be giving that information out?

As for Twitter, I am WAY to verbose for Twitter. I cannot say "Good Morning!" in 140 words or less. Hahahahaha! But if you want to check out my verbosity, check out my blogs:

www.hobbyorchdist.blogspot.com
www.ecumenicalchristianperspective.com

Tauratinswe said...

Yep, nothing worse than an old twit. So, I, too, refrain.