Friday, February 12, 2010

Regarding Transcript Press in Norman, Oklahoma

Newswires are abuzz today with a story about coins that the Chilean Mint printed with the word "Chile" misspelled. The coins have become collector's items but the manager of the mint was sacked.

Soon flyers will be delivered to thousands of moderate Baptists in the Houston area inviting them to attend a "GALA and Panel Discussion" on Sunday, February 21st for the Ethics Daily documentary "Different Books, Common Word: Baptists and Muslims." The flyers, as they were printed, replaced the word "Discussion" in the headline with the misspelling "Descussion."

I take full responsibility for the mistake of trusting Transcript Press in Norman, Oklahoma with the task of printing these flyers. The flyer I delivered to them for reproduction spelled the word "discussion" correctly. The flyer printed by Transcript Press records a spelling that conforms to a colloquial pronunciation of the word "discussion." They also omitted the final "a" from the word "Oklahoma" in the last line of my flyer.

I complained about these errors after receiving the flyers. Greg Rice, the account representative who handled my account, promised that he would have corrected copies for me the next day. The next day, however, Transcript Press did not produce any corrected copies.

Up against a deadline, I took the flyers with the erroneous spellings to my bulk mailer for processing.

I don't expect heads to roll at Transcript Press for this. They have been fairly shameless about it -- not even adjusting the fee they charged me for their work.

I am certain that I will never make the mistake of doing business with them again.

1 comment:

Tauratinswe said...

Send them a debit memo and deduct an adequate amount from the bill you pay. Businesses do that all the time for poor work.