Wednesday, March 12, 2008

On Tom Cole's Defective Conscience

Tom Cole, the member of the U.S. House of Representatives for the district in which I live, voted to sustain President Bush's veto of the bill that would have prohibited the CIA from torturing suspects by waterboarding.

If ever there was a time when a congress person needed to put politics aside and cast a vote according to conscience, this was it.

If Tom Cole can cast a vote to violate the Geneva Conventions and authorize torture in good conscience, then his conscience is defective.

2 comments:

RonSpross said...

Bush and Cheney have devastated the United States in almost every way you can imagine. However, they have had the active assistance of "conservative" Republicans like Tom Cole every step of the way. I have "split" my vote frequently in the past. It will be many years, I suspect, before that happens again.

Valeria Lindholm said...

Not only is tom cole way off base with this comment:

Tom Cole said. “The new majority arrived thinking ‘we run this place now’ and then they ran into reality — and that is the Constitution of the United States.”

My reply to that Tom Cole as I stated in my letter to you,

You wouldn't know what the constitution of the united states says if it bit you in the ass.

Olahomans have a right to know that he voted FOR the patriot act and just recently has voted FOR keeping torture alive and well.
Says a lot for someone who wants to spout the constitution.

The patriot act violated our 4th, our 5th, and our 6th ammendment rights Tom Cole.

Tom Cole you took an oath to defend and uphold the constitution when you were sworn in. Well you didn't mean it when you took that oath now did you Tom Cole?

Tom Cole obviously doesn't know what the preamble of the constitution is.

You know the contract he made with the American People?

Tom Cole what does it mean when you LIE under oath? I think they call that perjury.

What is the punishment for perjury Tom Cole?

Tom Cole you should be sitting in a jail cell not in washington DC lying about the people of Oklahoma. Because your representation is not what we stand for.

Tom Cole your seat is coming up for re-election this year. I for one will celebrate your leaving office

I told you in my letter tom cole which by the way you never answered that I would tell as many people as possible about your traiterous ways and I am doing it