Monday, July 20, 2009

Baptist Messenger Sinks to New Low


Thanks to the Lost Ogle for calling attention to the new low to which Oklahoma's Baptist Messenger has sunk.

The Messenger created a forged image to give the impression that Governor Henry signed Sally Kern's proclamation for theocracy. For the record, Governor Henry did not sign Kern's proclamation.

How much lower can the Baptist Messenger go?

3 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I find this incredible.

Dr. Mike Kear said...

I love how the BM calls this an "oversight and an error." I commented on The Lost Ogle yesterday, "If the deception was done purposefully then it is not an error, but a lie. NewsOK.com said in their article, 'The Baptist newspaper printed Kern’s proclamation and attached part of an old proclamation signed by Henry, making it look like the Democratic governor endorses the language in the document.' That doesn’t sound like someone accidentally misspelled a word or something. It sounds like a deliberate lie in order to deceive the gullible."

Dr. Mike Kear said...

I love how the BM calls this an "oversight and an error." I commented on The Lost Ogle yesterday, "If the deception was done purposefully then it is not an error, but a lie. NewsOK.com said in their article, 'The Baptist newspaper printed Kern’s proclamation and attached part of an old proclamation signed by Henry, making it look like the Democratic governor endorses the language in the document.' That doesn’t sound like someone accidentally misspelled a word or something. It sounds like a deliberate lie in order to deceive the gullible."