Thursday, January 27, 2005

Turning Up the Heat

I missed a speech on global warming at OU yesterday, so I'll have to depend on whatever I can learn from the web for information.

Here's a link to a story that says the threat of global warming is twice as bad as previously predicted.

If sea levels are going to rise by 20 feet, I'm glad I left Houston for Oklahoma City. If the tipping point comes in my life time, I think I'd rather be somplace with a climate like the Sahara Desert than to be submerged in a place like the lost city of Atlantis.

1 comment:

Bruce Prescott said...

Harold,

One of the articles I read said the tipping point for major climate change was a rise in the average of 2 C. If I?m reading you right, you?re saying there is evidence that the possibility of rise less than 1.9 C by the end of the century is slim and that one of the best guesses is around 3.4 C.

Is the debate just over the tipping point and its effects? If 2 C is too low, what about 3.4 C?