Thursday, September 15, 2005

Dr. Coburn Induces Nausea

Until Tom Coburn was elected to represent the Senate District in which I reside, I thought that the worst politico I would have to endure as my representative was Steve Stockman. For a time, Stockman represented the Congressional District in which I resided in Texas.

Coburn is more openly radical and extreme than was Stockman and Stockman was pretty bad. Yesterday, Coburn was filmed working on cross-word puzzles instead of listening to the testimony at hearings for Supreme Court nominee John Roberts. That's a very small example of the flippancy with which Coburn discharges his responsibilities.

Those who have the stomach for discovering what Coburn takes seriously should read Max Blumenthal's article, "The Many Faces of Dr. Coburn" that was posted on the Nation Magazine website this morning.

WARNING: The information in Blumenthal's article could induce severe nausea in some readers.

2 comments:

Bruce Prescott said...

I see a lot of evidence of devolution on Capitol Hill.

Unknown said...

I think the people who link to the article from your blog are immune to nausea.