For fuller context see the 9/2/05 CNN interview with New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin.
Here's an excerpt:
"I need reinforcements," he pleaded. "I need troops, man. I need 500 buses, man. This is a national disaster. (Hear Nagin's angry demand for more troops -- 1:00)
"I've talked directly with the president," he said. "I've talked to the head of the homeland security. I've talked to everybody under the sun."
After scheduled visits to devastated areas in Alabama and Mississippi, President Bush was expected to fly over the hurricane-ravaged city on Friday.
3 comments:
This administration really are "Pass the Buck" masters. Where is Harry Truman when you need him?
The church where I work became a Red Cross Shelter at 1am this morning. By noon we had food, bedding, clothes, money and buses to take refugees to shower facilities. I am amazed at the speed with which help came and it continued to pour in all day. The generosity of Houstonians leaves me speechless. The slow part is the logistics of transporting the refugees. We are getting the busloads from those stranded at the Astrodome. It is a huge undertaking. Those of us who worked all day today are exhausted, but God will provide. He already has. Remember us in your prayers. We are open 24/7 for as long as needed.
Marty & Howie,
Thanks to both of you.
Post a Comment