Tuesday, April 04, 2006

DeLay Quits

Former House Majority Leader, Tom DeLay, has announced his intention to resign from the U.S. House of Representatives.

DeLay, a theocrat from Houston, is likely to be remembered as being one of the most crooked and corrupt politicians in history.

He continues to enjoy the confidence of influential Southern Baptist "values voters" and other evangelical Christians around the country.

Just last week Rick Scarborough was quoted supporting DeLay:

Scarborough, the former pastor of the First Baptist Church in Pearland, is a long-time DeLay ally.

"This is a man, I believe, God has appointed ... to represent righteousness in government," Scarborough told the audience, which included Eagle Forum Founder Phyllis Schlafly, former ambassador Alan Keyes, and Sen. Sam Brownback, R-Kan.

2 comments:

grandma1 said...

Read Greek shadows Monday post. Some things are coming home to rost.

Jeff the Baptist said...

I don't know about the theocrat part, but I second the crooked and corrupt part. Even Republicans aren't particularly sad to see him go.