Saturday, August 27, 2005

Dinner with Rob Schumacher

About seven months ago, when I started getting serious about blogging, I happened across Rob's Blog. From the moment that I found his blog, it has been one of my favorite places in the blogosphere.

Rob is a submarine sailor stationed in Hawaii who calls himself "A Florida Liberal in King Kamehameha's Court." He has little patience with the religious right and often writes some of the most penetrating exposes of their actions and insightful critiques of their thought that you can find on the net.

The day I bought my ticket to Hawaii I began arranging a meeting with Rob so I could shake his hand and tell him personally how much I appreciate the time and effort he puts into his "Online Magazine." Rob and Joshua, my son-in-law, and I had a very interesting conversation about politics, religion, world affairs, submarines, the war in Iraq, and just about anything else you can think of last night.

Rob is pictured above standing with me in front of Honolulu's original Dixie Grill. (No, I don't own stock in the Dixie Grill. It's down the street from my daughter's apartment and they have some great jumbo coconut shrimp.)

No comments: