Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Baptist Press Criticized by Right and Left

Ethics Daily has posted a story about the SBC's Education resolution sponsor faulting coverage of the resolution by Baptist Press.

Most interesting is to learn that he is "linking to some stories from EthicsDaily.com."

Since Baptist Press has been tightly controlled by the Executive Committee, as it has been since the mid- 1980s, all the news gets the official spin of the EC and truth is sacrificed.

That's why free presses like Ethics Daily and Associated Baptist Press serve the best interests of all Baptists.

3 comments:

Jim said...

In my own snippets of publicity I have, too, observed the skewered and untruthful reporting of BP. I refuse to read anything BP publishes for precisely the reason that it is not news, it is spin, for the far right, at the expense of genuine reporting.

Anonymous said...

How does your "view" of BP spin compare with the leftist spin of this site?

Unknown said...

Please forgive the sarcasm, but I just don't know how else to say it. That money that the CBF gives to ABP comes with no strings or expectations whatsoever, right? Then BP should apply to the CBF for funding, too! In fact, I think I will apply for funds for my church newsletter. I can guarantee an independent voice!