Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Christians First

Greg Horton posted a great blog yesterday about Christians being "Christians" first rather than being "Republicans" or "Democrats," or, for that matter "Conservatives" or "Liberals" first.

Here's a quote from Greg:
"I expect Christians to speak out when leaders lie and dissemble and obfuscate. I expect them to do it when there is a Republican or a Democrat in the White House. I expect them to be people of honesty and integrity so that the world will once again know what a prophetic voice sounds like. . . . it is time that the Church started being the Church and stopped being a tool of the administration. That applies equally to left and right."

3 comments:

Dr. Mike Kear said...

I read Greg's beautifully written article and agreed with him. As a political person and a Christian, I often need to be reminded of such things!

Peace,

Mike

Bruce Prescott said...

Leighton,

You are probably right.

I need to be a little more precise in my terminology.

Anonymous said...

Actually, blog also is used as a verb, meaning to post an entry into ones web log, so your use could be concidered correct. It's a new word in our language, and it's use hasn't fully evolved yet.