Candice Prescott got married Saturday. She married her sweetheart for five years, Joshua Clark. Candi and Josh were stunning in their roles as bride and groom, as were all the bridesmaids, groomsmen, the flower girl, and the ring bearers. I was the father of the bride -- a role that proved to be more difficult and emotional than I ever expected.
Walking Candi down the aisle and giving her away was a cake walk. Those two were born for each other. It was the bride's dance with the father at their reception that hit me like a ton of bricks. It didn't help that she picked the song, "Wind Beneath My Wings."
Having never aspired to be a patriarch exercising rule over a family or clan, I never expected Candi's marriage to make that much difference. I didn't realize how difficult it would be for me to relinquish my role as her earthly provider and protector. That dance was the first time I looked at my daughter and saw her for the woman she has already been for quite some time -- fully grown, mature, independent -- and now, securely entrusted to the loving care and protection of her husband.
9 comments:
Congratulations!!! May God's blessings be upon your daughter and son-in-law as they begin their new life together.
Peace,
Mike
Congrats to all...Sounds like you've gained a wonderful son in law.
As both a Protestant (Baptist, even) and someone who supports separation of Church and State, I really enjoyed checking out your blog. It's becoming alarmingly difficult to find others who share both my faith and my belief in a separation of government and religion.
Keep up the Good Work.
God bless.
You brought tears to my eyes!! What a beautifully sweet moment.
Congratulations
Congratulations on your daughter's wedding. As a father of a young daughter, I was very moved by your observations.
I read your blog every day through your RSS feed.
Timothy Bonney, Senior Pastor
First Baptist Church of Des Moines (ABC/USA)
Johnston, Iowa
Timothy,
Thanks for your post. I checked your church's and am glad to find that you are both a blogger and a podcaster.
I've got your blog linked.
What a teriffic picture she has alreadys looked like a Barbie dolland this one confirms it. What an exhausting weekend. So good to have the whole family together for such a happy ocassion. Looking foreward to July hope we can get most of us together then. I'm anxiously waiting for the pictures. The ones I took are on my computer I will try to e-mail some of them. I forgot to give you the ones of graduation so I left them for you. See you soon.
Prescott: Big congrats. Proud of you and Happy for you at same time.
From NE Alabama.... Fox
Post a Comment