I'm posting from the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship General Assembly meeting in Grapevine, Texas at the Gaylord Texan Convention Center.
For those unfamiliar with CBF, it is a group of Moderate Baptists that left the SBC in 1990 (after the Fundamentalist takeover of the SBC) and formed their own denominational organization. Jimmy Carter is the most prominent member of CBF.
For those unfamiliar with the Gaylord Texan, it is the Texas version of the Gaylord Hotel at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tennessee.
Gaylord Hotels could be described as the convention go-ers version of Disneyland. They are literally a world unto themselves.
2 comments:
Hope you are having fun. Almost every one on your site that I have been reading is at Grapevine. We are anxiously awaiting your arrival. I'm taking P to Dallas tomorrow for her chemo and I'm making I don't know either 5 or 10 lbs of potatoe salad.
I am there as well and hope to put a face with a blog.
Post a Comment