Friday, May 20, 2005

Baptacolyte

What do you get when you mix a female episcopal acolyte with a male Baptist layman?

One of the most delightful pleasures of writing a blog is meeting people who have either read your blog or who write blogs that you have read.

A few months ago I connected with Brad, A.K.A. Streak, at a restaurant near the OU campus. Streak is a environmental historian with a flair for religion and politics -- my kind of guy. He also has a very sharp wit -- as can be seen from his recent blog on evolution and history.

Today I had the added pleasure of meeting his wife Lisa, A.K.A. Small Glimpses. I had read Lisa's blog and have had her blog linked to mine for several months, but never realized that I was also reading her coffee drinking husband's blog.

Lisa is a bit shy about her blogging. I almost didn't discover her addition to the medium, but I'm very glad that I did. Her blog on Equality and Equal Standing is about as good as they come.

No comments: